1.These terms and conditions are the terms upon which Mt Cook Glacier Guiding General Partner Limited (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) permits You to make bookings with Us using Our website, by email, fax or telephone. By making a booking with Us, You are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions and all applicable laws and regulations.
2. All prices are in New Zealand dollars (NZ$) and include GST. All prices are correct at the time of publication, but We reserve the right to alter the prices for any reason at any time.
3. To make a booking using the online booking system on Our website, or by email, fax or telephone, You must pay Us the full cost of Your trip by credit card by providing Us with Your credit card details. Payment by credit card is accepted as confirmation of Your booking
4. An email confirmation of Your booking will only be sent to You if You make Your booking using the online booking system on Our website.
5. By providing Us with Your credit card details You are authorising Us to charge any cancellation fee set out in these terms and conditions to Your card.
Website and Credit Card Security
6. We use the Direct Payment Solutions (DPS) system in respect of bookings made using Our website.
7. The following restrictions apply:
Minimum Age for children wishing to participate in Our trips:
The Adventurer: Haupapa/Tasman Glacier Heli-Hike – Minimum age 10 years
The Wigley: Haupapa/Tasman Glacier Snow Shoeing – Minimum age 10 years
The Cool Climber: Haupapa/Tasman Glacier Ice Climbing – Minimum age is 13 years. An adult must accompany children 13-16 years.
Waiver and Release from Liability
8. Our Waiver and Release from Liability Form (the “Waiver and Release”), as attached, forms part of these terms and conditions. By making a booking with Us You are agreeing to the terms of the Waiver and Release.
9. You must telephone 0800-68-2665 or +64 3 435-1001 to cancel Your booking.
10. The following cancellation policy applies if You wish to cancel any booking for a trip that You have made with Us (other than if You are a tour operator):
No Cancellation Fee Payable if:
You cancel Your booking at least 24 hours before the reporting time for Your trip or We cancel for any reason before the trip has commenced
Cancellation fee of 100% of the cost of the trip is payable if:
You cancel Your booking less than 24 hours before the reporting time for Your trip or You do not show up at the reporting time for the trip
Any refund will be credited to the credit card You used to pay for Your trip.
Due to exchange rate fluctuations, at times there may be some variance in the amounts refunded compared to the amount initially charged. We do not accept any liability for these variances or any subsequent credit card/bank charges relating to these transfers to customer’s accounts.
11. The following cancellation policy applies to tour group cancellations by tour operators:
(a) If the tour operator notifies Us more than 48 hours before the reporting time for the group’s trip of any cancellation, then no cancellation fee will be charged.
(b) If the tour operator notifies Us between 24 hours and 48 hours before the reporting time for the group’s trip, We will invoice the tour operator 50% of the total cost of the trip.
(c) If the tour operator notifies Us less than 24 hours before the reporting time for the group’s trip or if the group does not show up at the reporting time of their trip, We will invoice the tour operator 100% of the total cost of the trip.
(d) If the group is going to be late or unable to report for the trip on time, the tour operator should notify Us as soon as possible. We will make every effort to allocate another time slot for the group. If it is not possible to allocate another time slot We reserve the right to invoice the tour operator 50% or 100% of the total cost of the trip, in accordance with clauses (a) and (b) above, depending on the timing of the notice given by the tour operator.
(e) If We cancel the trip due to weather, environmental factors or for any other reason, We will contact the tour operator to ensure that it receives an appropriate refund.
12. We do not accept cancellations from You due to weather conditions, other than in accordance with Our cancellation policy as set out in clauses 9, 10 and 11 above. We still operate Our trips in the rain.
13. We reserve the right to change the duration and the given description of the trips in response to changing weather and environmental conditions. Where applicable, partial refunds may be given. Please notify Us if You would like details for Our partial refund policy.
14. We reserve the right to shorten or cancel trips if Your health, fitness or ability is not appropriate for the trip on which You are booked and in such circumstances You will not be entitled to a refund.
15. We are committed to ensuring that Your privacy is protected. The information that We collect about You is used to make the booking. We will not disclose Your personal information to third parties unless We have Your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request the details of personal information We hold about You. If You believe that any information We are holding about You is incorrect or incomplete, You may request that We update this information.